Monday, November 19, 2012

Shopping for a Road Bike


I've been doing a lot of research into bike recently. There are so many different brands and options it can be overwhelming at times. Back when I got my bike as a kid, you got what your parents gave you. 

I have visited several bike shops and tried out a few. The first time on a bike was nerve-racking. It had been 17 years since I got on a bike and about 19 years since I rode regularly. Starting and stopping were awkward, but otherwise, the saying is true.  Overall,  I have realized the different bikes are too similar to try to distinguish given my inexperience. So I will get the one on sale.

I got the Turkey Trot on Thursday. I’m not worried about running a 5k distance, it just depends on what my time will be. Granted that I did the 1st 5k at a rather quick time, so beating it will require a lot of huffing and puffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment