Monday, November 5, 2012

Onward to the next Race


I have found running to be a bit easier and a bit faster in the last week. My pace for 2.5 miles is down about 30 seconds / mile in the last 2-3 weeks, and I don’t have constant thoughts of quitting at the halfway point.

I’m still transitioning into my new shoes. Newton said to expect calf tenderness in the first 2-4 weeks.
Two weeks in and I still have a sore calf. I am getting better at running on my forefoot instead of sometimes running on my forefoot and getting sloppy when I get tired. The result is that I don’t have any shin pain and my joints seem better. The new shoes are designed with cushioning under the forefoot unlike my old shoes which are designed for heal striking.

I have my next 5k in 2.5 weeks but  I perhaps this time I’ll be under 30 minutes again, but this time with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment