Thursday, February 28, 2013

Swimming Breakthrough

I got in the pool yesterday and swam 1,000 yards straight (all freestyle). I wasn't the fastest, but I got to the point where I can keep going and going without getting out of breath. Back in the beginning of December, I would be spent after about 3 laps.

This is a big confidence boost because now I feel I can go swim the first part of my Sprint Triathlon in May  (500 meters) without being utterly exhausted for the bike.

My two major enemies were boredom, and after about 800 yards, my neck started hurting (I only breathe from my right side). I averaged 2:00 /100 yards through the first 450 yards, and then it tailed off to 2:10/100 yards by the end. I felt like I could have kept going, but I met the goal I set out to do and I didn't want to screw up my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment