Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Totals

April is done and it is my highest training effort to day in all disciplines since I started triathlon training.   My total time is just shy of 20 hours*. What is amazing is that people training for an Ironman put in about 16 hours a week. 

With my rest for my upcoming triathlon, plus some travel, May will likely be somewhere in between March and April.

*These times are pure workout times and do not include all the other things that may or must be done: stretching, filling tires, driving to bike trail, driving to the pool, stopping at red lights (on the bike), rest in between swimming sets, etc. It also doesn't include walks, such as warm-up or cool-downs before running, going to the park, to a lunch location, etc.
I logged another 7.2 miles of walking (I only log it if it is greater than 1/2 mile). This is another 2+ hours of activitiy.  As a benchmark, if you exercised for 30 minutes on alternate days, you would put in a total of 7.5 hours for the month.

Hours


Distance



No comments:

Post a Comment