Thursday, April 18, 2013

Race Goals



Everyone has goals in mind before a race. For me, I think race goals are like Maslow's Heirarchy of Human Needs. My first goal is to finish and not get hurt, then there are performance goals followed by more aggresive goals. For this race in two weeks (500m swim, 15 mi bike, 5k run), my stretch goal is 90 minutes which is won't even likely put me in the top 1/2 of my age group for this race.


4 minutes of transition was factored into the above totals

 
Triathloncalculator.com is an interesting website that gives predicted race times, based on previous times/test as well as training volumes and course distance. They asked for a 400 yd pool swim time (7:55), a 20 minute bike TT (17.2 mph) and 5k time (27:17). Below was the output. So the swim time is essentially verbtaim, but over 500 m, the bike likely accounts for a longer distance and the run is the most interesting. I've wondered how much my 5k split will compared to my standalone 5k time.


No comments:

Post a Comment