Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Effect of Jogging Stroller on Running Pace



Okay I am completely redoing this post now that I have better data. We just ran in a 5K on Saturday, with the kids in jogging strollers. I have recently picked up a couple off Craigslist, but since I often run at 5am, I only tried it out once.  I've been curious as to the impact of the stroller on the running time.

My original post had too many variance: it was hotter, I was feeling ill etc. Today was a good comparison. It was 55 F and I was feeling good. As is everywhere in Houston, the terrain was flat.

A week ago, I timed the first mile of a training 5k, where I was trying to make mile split as fast as possible, but knowing I still had 2 more miles to go. I hit 8:29. The beginning of the race was crowded with walkers, so the mile 2 split was 8:58 and the mile 3 split was 8:57 per my trusty MapMyRide ap.

So given that data, I think it is roughly 0:25 - 0:30/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment