Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back from Calf Strain

The calf strain sidelined me for a long week. It was frustrating because I'm amped up to go run, but I can't. I treated the calf strain with rest, ice, and some heat. After about a week of this, my running was uninhibited by any injury and I’ve had three good runs since.

I doing this “Couch to 5K” program, which usually divides segments into running and walking, but next run I want to see if I can run 2 miles,  no matter how slow.

I am still interested in getting to triathlons. However I need to practice swimming (need access to a pool) and I need a bike. I haven’t ridden a bike since I was probably 15, but I hear you don’t forget. I have looked at some bikes but there are tons of options, choices, and things I need to learn (change a flat, etc). It is somewhat overwhelming.  I also need to add in more upper body exercises on my off days (I only run every other day). I sometimes do some pushups, but I need to do three sets consistently. I really hate pushups. By the way, I weighed  in at 207.7, so I’m down about 10 lbs from my first measurement .

No comments:

Post a Comment