Monday, December 31, 2012

First BRICK = Miserable

After a week off exercising due to Christmas traveling, I forced myself back into a workout. It is hard when everyone is laying around the house. It is tempting to do the same. However, my free time is very limited, so I take an opportunities I can get.

On Friday, I ran. On Saturday, I biked 12 1/2 miles. On Sunday I decided to try a BRICK (Bike + Run). My Saturday bike ride was the longest I had ever done. So when I hopped on the bike, my butt was still very sore, and my legs felt like jello. I planned two laps around the neighborhood (5.5 miles), but only managed one. The transition seemed fairly smooth, but I forgot to take my fleece off which soon proved to be hot. (Time = 2 minutes) The beginning of the run felt very weird. After about 400 yards, my calves were tight so I had to stop and stretch. I also went about 1.5 hrs after a big lunch, so my stomach gave me troubles. I would have like to go later, but with both kids napping, it was the best time to get out of the house. After many many thoughts about quitting the run, I push myself to do my original planned distance of 2.25 miles. It felt miserable. On the brightside, when I calculated my run time, it came out to be 9:24 mile, which I am still in disbelief over. It felt much slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment