Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Workout Before Christmas

We'll be doing some traveling over Christmas so I wanted to hit it harder this morning since I won't be able to do anything again for about a week. It was quite cold for Houston (34 F) at 5am. I ran 5.6 miles, which is my longest distance ever. I was running for distance and didn't care much about speed. I felt I was at my "Energizer Bunny pace" (I could keep going and going), which is currently about 10:30/mile. As I wasn't out of breath at all when I finished, though my legs were getting tired and I was started to get a blister on my foot. I could have easily hit 10k, but I was at a good stopping point and needed to get back to help get the kids ready.  Now my legs are good and sore, so they can recover over the next week.

I have a 5k in about 3 weeks. My goal is to break 9:00/mile (I was 9:06 last time), but I haven't been doing as much running (in lieu of biking and swimming), so I'm not sure if it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment