Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Time on the Bike

I got to take my bike for another spin this morning. It’s basically the 4th time I’ve taken it out for exercise. I went 5.5 miles. I didn’t really get too out of breadth, but my legs get tired. Cycling definitely used different muscles that running – more the quads rather than the calves.

Part of mind thinks I should be able to do 15 miles at 20 mph already. I’m not like I was with running August, but there is some build up required. The other part of my brain has me practicing things like going over potholes or rounding corners (trying to get a feel for the speed to make a certain turn). The rationale side of me says all of these things take time to practice. I am still getting used to being on a bike again. I still have 21 weeks until a triathlon. For reference, I’ve been running for 17 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment