Monday, January 14, 2013

First Triathlon in 9 weeks!


I've decided to do a super-sprint triathlon in mid-March. Originally, I was planning my first triathlon to be a sprint in May (and I'm still registered for it). However, I found out about the C Different triathlon, which has a both a sprint and super-sprint event. I thought the super-sprint would be a great opportunity to get first-triathlon jitters out of the way, at an easier distance. The planned sprint in May is 500m, 15mi bike, and then a 5k. On that day, I will be both pushing my fitness level, plus having the anxiety of my first triathlon with all the uncertainty of a first open water swim, first transitions, etc.

The super-sprint is 150 meter swim, a 6 mile bike ride, and a 1.8 mile run. This is a distance that I would be comfortable doing today, so I won't have the fitness-related stress and can get all the other triathlon-related anxiety out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment