Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Swim Improvement #2

I think swimming is my favorite part. It works many of your muscles and you have that good sore feeling. I also get to see steady improvement, since the pool has the same conditions everyday. I imagine this will slow, but I'll enjoy it for now.

Today, I was able to swim all 500 meters in freestyle without switching to another stroke.  Now I did get tired and my form started falling apart, but it was a good milestone. My 50 yard splits started about a 1 minute and dropped to as low as 1:10.

Things I still need to work on to improve my form:
  • Keep butt and legs closer to surface - Look more down toward the bottom
  • Higher elbow during catch phase
  • During pull phase, keep arm such that fingers are pointed at the bottom of the pool
  • Stop pulling on my arm early during breath

No comments:

Post a Comment