Saturday, October 20, 2012

2nd Swim - No Better

I swam again yesterday. Finding time to get to a pool has been difficult. My new goggles helped to save my eyes, but I didn’t have any better time, despite my improved endurance from running and my pushup regimen. I swam more laps freestyle (4 backstroke versus 9 in 500 yds), but some of my freestyle were forced and slow when I was out of breath. I sucked ass on the turns - the timing would be poor and I would end up losing air and then gasping for it on the way back. The stopping and turn, just kills my rhythm. I feel like I could swim 2 min/100m if my endurance improves and I didn’t have to deal with turns. If I am out of breath, it is probably better to switch to backstroke, catch my breath, and then continue, instead of going super slow at freestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment