Monday, October 22, 2012

Stomach Bugs Stink


I caught a stomach bug over the weekend. I was largely feeling better yesterday afternoon, albeit a bit lethargic, I decided to run this morning. It was hot and gross and I wasn’t feeling 100%, but I suffered through and ran 2 miles, but resulted in a surprisingly reasonable time (10:46 pace). If I didn’t run today, my wife would want to go tomorrow (she started running a few weeks ago), and that would only leave me with Wednesday to run prior to my 5K on Saturday.

I bought some heel inserts and focused more on forefoot running, so I feel better in that area. My legs don’t seem to be as sore today as with my other shoes given the forefoot padding that the Newton’s provide.  I haven’t run a full 3 miles yet, so I should on Wednesday if I feel better. I imagine that having the crowds and other runners will greatly help my performance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment