Wednesday, October 17, 2012

How I learned to stop worrying about time and love the run

I ran my 2.5 miles at my slowest pace yet today (11:16 pace). Recently this has caused my consternation: I would hate trying to run faster, but then kick myself for “not trying hard” afterwards. Today I didn’t care as much – just finish the run without quitting and enjoy it a little more. As long as I am running, my heartbeat is elevated and endurance is building. I can give it 110%  on race day. I also felt I could have gone longer than the 2.5 miles, so that is good news for my next run.

I am about to buy new running shoes. Given that my current shoes are about 7 years old, I think I am due. While these shoes haven’t gotten a lot of usage, the rubber is likely worn and they have minimal padding under the forefoot (where I’ve been running). I want to take them running on the 5k and I think I should have enough training runs to break them in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment