Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Final Training Run!

Final training run before my 5k! I ran 3 miles this morning (my first)! My original plan was to take it slow and at a pace I could sustain without hating the run. Time didn’t matter, just completing the run. Well I did and I still had a time (10:39 min/mi pace) that I was quite happy with. When I was finishing I felt like I could have continued without much trouble. It’s gotta be the shoes? In the 10 ½ weeks since I started, I have done 34 training runs (plus two swims).  

I’ve been thing about a game plan for Saturday. I think I will maintain that modest pace for the first half of the race and then perhaps pick up the pace for the 2nd half. I remember from college that running a semi-fast pace throughout yields a better time than going slow and sprinting the end.

To make my morning better, I also weighed in a 199.9 lbs. Now, I just need to do some pushups tomorrow. I missed Tuesday’s upper body exercise day.

No comments:

Post a Comment